Hello! I hope the holidays have been good to you all, it is officially the last day of the year and while I’m eager to see what 2017 holds in store for me I can’t help but not feel complete leaving 2016 without saying a proper goodbye.
I think I speak for just about everyone when I say this year was an emotional roller coaster for the books. I mean sure, every year has an emotionally exhausting outcome but this one was much more evolved…yeah let’s go with that. The beginning looked promising, like every other year respectively, and then I’m not exactly sure what happened towards the middle but whatever it was, it made the end of the year feel like a sick joke with a “to be continued…” ending, bleh.
For myself this year was sentimental, for lack of better words, and I am grateful for everything that happened this year, and that it all happened this year.
- I kick started my own blog! How cool is that?
- Speaking of kicked…I kicked some old habits, picked up some pretty cool new ones and I’m tweaking some old ones that worked but just needed some work.
- The self-proclaimed Hulu pundit (me) found some really good shows to start…and finish of course so typical of me.
- I saw Rihanna live in concert for the first time ever! ANTI was great, her best era yet, Bravo Ms. Fenty.
- I also realized while typing this up that I’ve been out of high school for a year and counting now, I’m actually not sure how I feel about the year part yet I will get back to you on that but, being out of high school is a blessing, honestly. Truly. *in my Joanne the Scammer voice*
- I think it’s safe to say that I mastered braiding, like hardcore to the scalp braiding! Very exciting.
- Had my first midlife crisis and my mid-day crisis numbers doubled. Three hearty ‘hoorah’s’ for maturation and college…slow clap for college guys, never in my something-something years did I think I could love something and equally hate it just as much, but college….my sis never ceases to amaze me.
With that being said, I didn’t know how much I could actually take until witnessing this year first hand. I’ve grown so much intellectually, emotionally, spiritually, and I guess you could say physically too, I’ve been working out, getting fine for myself and for spring break and for the summer and…everything in italics is completely false, including this lol. Going through every nook and cranny that was 2016 did not feel good and it definitely was not easy but, the outcome is easy on the eyes and poise standing at 6’0”, honey *cue the dramatic heavy whistling!*. No, but seriously, I truly am a better and stronger me, I’m aware now of what I’m capable of, I know when to keep pushing, and I know now when to just give up. I’ve accepted that I can’t always control things and learned (the hard way aka from good ole experience) that in the things that I can control, I should never leave that power in the hands of someone else.
2016, you helped me shed a skin that I found comfort in for five years…Well, actually you practically beat me out of the skin but still, thank you and farewell.